What to expect
Namibia is the ultimate destination for the intrepid explorer, it is the ultimate adventure! The country gets its name from the Namib Desert, which dominates most of the landscape, and is filled with exciting wildlife to see fascinating people to meet. Namibia deserves a place on your bucket list.
On this wonderful 7-Day Northern Namibia Wildlife Explorer Guided Tour, you will be treated to some of the most sought after Namibian highlights. The tour includes time spent in the ancient coastal town of Swakopmund, a visit to the famous Omandumba SAN Living Museum Village, a journey to the Erongo Mountains, a safari in Etosha National Park, and a trip to the Waterberg Plateau, where the tour ends with us looking over the Kalahari.
7-Day Northern Namibia Wildlife Explorer Guided Tour
- Departs every FRIDAY from Windhoek
- Minimum 2 pax required for tour to take place
- Maximum 6 pax for tour
- Customizable departure dates for a party of 4 or more people
- English-speaking guide for the duration of the tour
- Many optional activities to choose from (rates on request)
On day 1 of the tour, guests will be picked up in Windhoek, early in the morning, and on the final day, they will return to Windhoek late in the afternoon. The accommodation in Windhoek is not included as part of the package but we are able to arrange accommodation on your behalf for the night before the tour leaves. If you are flying out of Windhoek on day 7, make sure that you have booked your tickets for after 15h00.
|COST & VALIDITY||1 November 2020 to 1 October 2021|
|WHAT TO BRING|| Comfortable shoes|
Sunhat and sunglasses
|IMPORTANT NOTE||Namibia emergency number: +264 81 127 0564|
|NOT INCLUDED|| Flights|
Entrances and optional activities and excursions not specified in the itinerary
(rates on request)
Meals not specified in includes
Beverages for own account
Gratuities for guides, drivers, and hospitality staff
Expenses of a personal nature
Visa fees (where applicable)
Guests are advised that around 85% of Namibia’s roads are not tarred and as such you should rent a 4 x 4 vehicle to ensure that you safely navigate the roads. Most vehicle rental companies are situated in Windhoek which is some 45 km away from Hosea Kutako International Airport. As such, you should arrange for your rental company to collect you from the airport and taken to your rental car. We can do the arrangements for your vehicle rental on your behalf and we have rates available on request.SEE PDF
Day 1 & Day 2
Swakopmund | Hansa Hotel Swakopmund | 2 Nights Bed & Breakfast
On the first day of this breath taking tour, you will leave Windhoek and head off to the seaside town of Swakopmund. Here you will spend the next two nights, exploring the area and discussing the rest of the tour itinerary with your tour guide. Your guide will be able to help you out with your bookings for other activities, those not included in the tour, and they will also be able to give you advice on how these activities might affect the rest of your tour.
Sightseeing in Swakopmund offers plenty of opportunity to immerse yourself in the history of this stunning town. You can see the town via a sightseeing tour or you can take a walk around the town on your own. Swakopmund as a town, dates back to 1892 and it has a German colonial heritage. Sights not to be missed include:
- The 1905 headquarters of the German trading company, Woermannhaus
- Altes Gefängnis, a national historic landmark from 1909 that still functions as a prison today
- The old engineer corps troops barracks, Alte Kaserne
- Haus Hohenzollern, built as an Art Nouveau luxury hotel in 1906
- The old Railway Station
You will be staying at the Hansa Hotel Swakopmund which is one of the oldest hotels in all of Namibia. It is within walking distance from various shops and restaurants and it is also quite close to the beach. Something you should not miss out on is a visit to the Jetty 1905 Restaurant, which is famous for is seafood and oceanic views.
Recommendations for Day 2
On day 2, if you are an adventurous person, Swakopmund and Walvis Bay happen to be places where you can really get your heart and adrenaline pumping and besides that, they are simply beautiful places to. Something you must do while here is take a trip between the towns and enjoy the stunning coastline.
Optional activities in the area include:
- oysters and sparkling wine Catamaran Cruise in Walvis Bay
- a guided Living Desert Tour of the Namib
- an adventurous dune quad-bike excursion
- a visit to the Crystal Gallery to see the largest cluster of quartz crystals in the world a guided Fat Bike Historical City or Dune Landscape tour
Kalkfeld Region | Mount Etjo Safari Lodge | 1 Night Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
After a hearty breakfast on the 3 morning of the tour, you will leave for Kalkfield via the Erongo Mountains. On the way you should keep a lookout for the massive granite inselbergs which are known as the Spitzkoppe. Along the way you will stop to explore the cultural villages and be given a unique look into the life of the San people. You will learn to make jewellery from ostrich eggs and you’ll learn how to shoot a traditional San bow while visiting the Omandumba San Village.
At around mid afternoon you will arrive at the Mount Etjo Safari Lodge where you will get settled in before having a look at all of the activities that you can take part in on the 4th day of the tour (you can have a look at our recommendations for day 4 below). At the lodge you can have a relaxing dip in the pool and a sundowner at the bar before indulging in an alfresco dinner at the Boma.
Day 4 & Day 5
Etosha West | Toshari Lodge | 2 Nights Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
After spending a morning doing what you please, the next part of the tour begins as you make your way to the world famous Etosha National Park. A place filled with plenty of desert adapted wildlife, and more various landscapes than you could imagine, Etosha is a wonderful safari destination. You can expect to see wild dogs, hyena, cheeta, lion, leopard, rhino, giraffe, and elephant as well as a wide range of antelope. The next two nights of the tour are spent at Toshari Lodge which is about 25 km away from Andersons Gates, an entry point into Etosha. The lodge sits beneath Mopane and White Seringa trees. The afternoon is spent doing as you please. The lodge has a pool and plenty to explore. Your time here will include dinner.
Recommendations for Day 4
The Okonjati Game Reserve, a private reserve, is home to Mount Etjo Safari Lodge where you can enjoy wildlife viewing and a wide range of exciting activities. Some popular things to do while here include:
- an early morning open-safari vehicle game drive
- a 3-hour guided rhino tracking bushwalk
- a 1.5 km walk to see the footprints left behind by prehistoric dinosaurs
Recommendations for Day 5
On the 5th day of this Namibia tour you can look forward to a full day of wildlife viewing at the Etosha National Park in the company of your guide. Soon after breakfast, you will leave the lodge and head into the park in search of all kinds of wildlife. You should keep a look out for the endangered black rhino and for the incredibly rare black-faced impala. During your tour of the park, you will also come to the Etosha Pan, which is a salt pan which is a part of the Kalahari Basin. The white dry pan really stands out, in contrast to the golden and red sands and it is the pan which gives Etosha its name. As it is a water source, it is a fantastic place to sit and watch various game arrive for a drink. Lunch can be enjoyed on the go or you can head to the Camp Restaurant, inside the park (lunch is not included as part of the tour). At the end of the safari trip, you return to Toshari Lodge for sundowners and dinner.
Waterberg Plateau Park Region | Waterberg Guest Farm Namibia | 1 Night Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
After breakfast on the 6th day of the tour, there is another 2 – 3 hour game drive in Etosha. Then you will head out to the Waterberg Plateau, which you will do via Outjo and Otjiwarongo. The Waterberg Plateau is looks out over the Kalahari in the Eastern part of Namibia and it is also where you will spend the next night. At Waterberg Guest Farm, which sits at the foot of the Waterberg Plateau, there are plenty of exciting things to do, such as:
- an excursion to the Cheetah Conservation Foundation
- guided or unguided 1.5- to 3-hour walk to Small Waterberg or Omumborombonga Forest
- a wellness treatment
Windhoek | Hosea Kutako International Airport
This is the final day of the tour and after breakfast, you will check out of your accommodation and travel back to Windhoek via Okahandja, to catch your flight out from Hosea Kutako International Airport.
Should you wish to stay on a few more days in Windhoek, you can let us know about your intentions and allow us to assist you with booking accommodation and airport transfers. Your guide can drop you off at your accommodation in Windhoek either before or after transferring the other guests to the airport.
All of the accommodation mentioned in this itinerary is subject to availability. Should the accommodation not be available, we will book alternative accommodation and let you know of the change in plans.
Day 1 & Day 2
Swakopmund | 2 Nights Bed & Breakfast
Hansa Hotel Swakopmund
Dating back to 1905, Hansa Hotel Swakopmund is one of Namibia’s oldest hotels. Situated a few blocks away from the beach, Hansa Hotel Swakopmund is within walking distance of shops, restaurants and some of the town’s most famous landmarks. The en-suite Standard Rooms have air-conditioning, flatscreen TVs, a coffee station, minibar, safe and WiFi.
Other facilities include
- a restaurant, a lunch terrace and a bar
- a garden
- free WiFi
Kalkveld | 1 Night Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
Mount Etjo Safari Lodge
Located in the heart of the Okonjati Game Reserve, one of Namibia’s first private game reserves and home to over 8,000 animals and bird species, Mount Etjo Safari Lodge is well-known for its relaxed atmosphere and friendly service. The swimming pool and garden at the main lodge overlook a waterhole which sees regular visits from hippo, nyala and porcupine. The Rooms have large beds, a tea- and coffee-making station, safe, fridge, ceiling fan, air-conditioner and en-suite bathrooms with a shower.
Other facilities include:
- an outdoor swimming pool overlooking a waterhole
- a restaurant, bar and shared lounge
- free WiFi in public areas
- a souvenir shop
- Mount Etjo Museum
Day 4 & Day 5
Etosha West | 2 Nights Bed & Breakfast
Situated a mere 25 km away from the Andersons Gate entry into Etosha National Park, famous for the iconic game viewing opportunities it provides, Toshari Lodge is perfectly positioned for day trips into Etosha. The spacious and comfortable African-inspired en-suite Rooms look onto the beautiful, lush gardens surrounding the lodge.
Other facilities include:
- a swimming pool and sun terrace
- a guest lounge
- a bar
- a restaurant
- a gift shop
Waterberg Plateau Park Region | 1 Night Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
Waterberg Guest Farm Namibia
Surrounded by 42,000 hectares of untamed Africa savannah, Waterberg Guest Farm Namibia stands at the foot of the Waterberg Plateau in Northern Central Namibia. Each en-suite Room has a private entrance leading onto a veranda, a safe, a fan and a tea- and coffee-making facility.
Other facilities include
- a dining room
- a guest lounge
- a library
- an outdoor pool and sun terrace
- a traditional lapa and bar
- WiFi in public areas
- wellness treatments
Accommodation is subject to availability. If we are unable to book accommodation as stated, we will look for a similar alternative and advise you accordingly.
- 20% pre-payment at time of booking.
- Balance to be settled 60 days prior to travel.
- Payment to be made in ZAR (South African Rands).
- The customer is liable for any bank charges.
Account holder: Africa Focus Tours Namibia (Pty) ltd
Bank: Nedbank Namibia
Account number: 011500012252
Branch code: 96167200
Swift code: NEDSNANX
- Cancellations 32 to 22 days prior to travel forfeit 60% of the full booking amount.
- Cancellations 21 to 15 days prior to travel forfeit 70% of the full booking amount.
- Cancellations 15 to 8 days prior to travel forfeit 80% of the full booking amount.
- Cancellations 7 days to NO SHOW forfeit 100% of the full booking amount.
- Special cancellation terms may apply for certain products and services.
Terms & Conditions
- Price quoted per person and includes the cost of accommodation and meals for your guide (and driver where applicable).
- Minimum of 2 pax required for tour departure.
- Minimum age of children is 8 years old.
- Families with children younger than 8 years of age are welcome to request a Private 7-Day Northern Namibia Wildlife Explorer Guided Tour.
- Final bookings and rooming lists to be supplied 35 days prior to the commencement date of the tour.
- The accommodation mentioned in the itinerary will depend on availability at the time of making the booking. Any alternatives will be of a similar standard and will be within the same region.
- This is merely a quotation and not a confirmed booking.
Seek your doctor’s advice with regards to vaccinations and malaria prophylaxis.
Travelling with Children
- Parents travelling with children must provide an unabridged birth certificate which includes details of the child’s father as well as the mother for all travelling children. This applies even when both parents are travelling with their children.
- When children are travelling with guardians, these adults are required to produce affidavits from the children’s parents proving permission for the children to travel.
- The above applies to foreigners and South Africans travelling to or from South Africa as well as travellers in transit.
- Minimum age of children is 8 years of age.
- Rates and policies for children under 12 years of age on request.